If you use an email client, including Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, and web-based email service, all editions of Avast antivirus have an email signature at the bottom of your outgoing email messages to allow your receivers to know if the email has a virus or not. However, if you just start getting ‘This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast’ warning message in your email messages, it can be the little bit offensive. By default, this feature is enabled; still, you can manage it by the following two methods given below.
- Turn off the Avast signature for outgoing emails only.
- Turn on/off the Avast signature for both incoming/outgoing emails.
Note: - if you find any difficulties in using these ways or have any other technical issue, it’s recommended to contact the experts of Avast customer support and seek the instant resolution of your several issues or queries.
Method #1: Disabling the Avast email signature for sent emails
Here’s how to turn off the email signature in emails you send:
- Launch the Avast program, and click the ‘Settings’ option.
- In the ‘General’ section, deselect the ‘Enable Avast email signature’ check box.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to save your preference.
Now the setting is changed, and the sent messages will no longer contain a note from Avast. You can activate it any time whenever you need.
Method #2: Enabling/ disabling the Avast signature for sent/received emails
You can turn on or off the email signature in messages you send/receive in the ‘Mail Shield’ settings. Here’s how to do:
- Launch the Avast program, and then click the ‘Settings’ option.
- Choose the ‘Active Protection’ option from the left section and click the ‘Customize’ button next to the ‘Mail Shield.’
- Elect ‘Behavior’ in the window of ‘Mail Shield Settings’ that displays, and select and deselect the boxes in ‘General’ as per your preferences, as settings associated with your outgoing mail are turned on by default.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to apply your changes.
Now, your preferences are configured and will be seen in future email messages that you send/receive. This is the best ways to get rid of such annoying circumstances, particularly when you are unaware that this signature is being applied till you see one of your sent emails. If you have any queries for changing Mail Shield settings, call at Avast customer support phone number and seek the quick help for solving out your issues related to Avast antivirus.