Brother Printers is a reputed printer brand which is acclaimed for offering a wide array of multi-functional products to serve diverse requirements. Brother MFC printers are useful for performing multiple functions such as printing, faxing and scanning. On the other hand, these printers may lag behind as they might not have a wireless adapter. However, you can still carry out wireless printing with them. For this, you have to connect the MFC printer with a wireless router and give it access to the wireless network. By doing so, you can make the printer wireless printing enabled with the help of any computer on the wireless network. You can call brother customer service for getting technical expertise for this purpose or carry out the following steps to try it yourself:
- Start by connecting the MFC printer’s Ethernet port with that of one of the wireless routers. Make sure that the MFC printer, the wireless router and the modem are powered on.
- Click on ‘Start’ button on the computer’s task bar for opening the Start menu. Then click on ‘Devices and Printers’ followed by ‘Add a Printer’ on the top of the screen.
- Now select the second option for installing a wireless/network printer. The computer will detect all the printers within its range and return a list of the same. In this list, highlight the MFC printer and click ‘Next’.
- Now install the drivers of the MFC printer by using the installation CD that accompanied it. In case, you do not have the same, search the drivers online and install them. On receiving the confirmation message that the drivers have been installed, click ‘Next’.
- Type the name to be associated with the MFC printer in the space given. Click ‘Next’ and then choose if you want this one to be the default printer on that computer. Finally click ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
Tips and Warnings
- It hardly matters which Ethernet port is being used for connecting the printer to the wireless router. The first port is not to be used as it is reserved for the Internet modem.
- The process may vary from model to model of the MFC printer as well as wireless router. You can check the user manual for the appropriate guidelines.
If these steps are not helpful enough for making the Brother MFC Printer wireless, it is better to call brother customer service phone number and connect with experts for technical guidance. The number helps you get 24 by 7 support and assistance from certified experts who can resolve all the issues in a matter of minutes.